Bournemouth University Our Global Festival of Learning - Malaysia
30 Mar 2017 — 31 Mar 2017
Bournemouth University’s Festival of Learning (Malaysia) takes place this year in Penang, Malaysia - where issues around Heritage, Health, Tourism and Hospitality will be explored by a range of experts from industry and education. The overarching theme of this year’s ASEAN Festival is Sustainability and Development. The programme can be found here.
The main objectives of the global Festival of Learning are to:
- showcase and disseminate global Fusion within an overseas context;
- enhance global access to and engagement with BU’s research activities;
- inspire learning and enrich our offer on global talent and employability;
- encourage new thinking and nurture creativity and innovation; and,
- bring back global learning and experience to our region to inform future developments.
As part of last year’s Global Festival of Learning, over 50 BU staff and students travelled to China and Malaysia and across a week-long series of events attracted a visitor base of over 600 staff, students and international employers, reaching more than 200,000 Twitter users.
Whilst last year’s pilot events in China and Malaysia were a huge success, our plans for 2017 are even more ambitious. This year the Global Festival of Learning will take place across three weeks of events showcasing Global Britain and Global BU in Indonesia & Malaysia (27-31 March), India (18-21 April) and China (15-19 May). To showcase Global BU in 2017, around 30 members of staff and students will be travelling to each location.
For more information click here